Feb 12, 2019
B2B MATCHMAKING “PLASTICS IN MEDTECH AND LIFE SCIENCES”
Plastic is a material with manifold possibilities in medical technology and life sciences. It can be used for disposable products (injections, tubes), for implants and prosthesis or as parts for medical instruments. Throughout all application areas quality control and the validation of the process in medical technology is of great importance. The development of new devices made from advanced materials is also a focus of future challenges in medical technology.
Experts from the Euregio Meuse-Rhine area inform about current trends and challenges of plastic processing for medical devices.
Besides the keynote speeches, we organise brief pitches, where SMEs and knowledge providers present themselves, their ideas and what they are looking for. You will also get to know each other in one-on-one meetings to discuss your problem or solution in detail with companies across the borders.
Use this opportunity to find your perfect match!
PROGRAMME (Invitation & programme as pdf file)
09.30 h Registration
10.00 h Welcome and funding opportunities in the HYPEREGIO
Ralf P. Meyer, AGIT mbH
10.15 h Validation of the injection moulding process & quality control in medical technology
Hanna Dornebusch, Institute for Plastic Processing IKV, RWTH Aachen University (D)
10.45 h Engineering for Healthcare: A focus on polymer microfluidics
Denis Vandormael, Sirris (B)
11.15 h Coffee break
11.30 h Biocompatible polymers and ceramics: A perfect mix for a flexible hermetic encapsulation
Prof. Dr. Maaike Op de Beeck, imec (B)
12.00 h Pitching session (I)
• Aerosint, Liège (B): “Selective powder deposition to enable low waste, multi-material polymer AM”
• Impetus Plastics Engineering (D)
• Enbi Plastics, Maastricht (NL): „Co-creating your ambitions“
• CISEO, Seraing (B): “Polymer extrusion – down-stream applications (cutting, stretching, spooling, welding)”
12.45 h Lunch
13.45 h Pitching session (II)
• mecora, Aachen (D): “Customized plastic products for high-end medical devices”
• Tenco DDM, Genk (B): “High end Additive Manufacturing in Medtech”
• Abiomed, Aachen (D): “On a search for new TPU’s for medical applications”
• Xilloc, Maastricht (NL): “A 3D Printing Adventure from Zero to Perfect Bone Implants”
• IKV, Aachen (D): “Introduction of the IKV Institute for plastics processing”
14.30 h Matchmaking (1 on 1 meetings)
15.45 h Networking & Get-together
TZA Technology Centre Aachen
Dennewartstr. 25 – 27
52068 Aachen, Germany
The participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory.
Please register by 5 February 2019 by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Doris Müller)
or via the registration form below.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Your HYPEREGIO Partners
AGIT, InnovaTech, DSP Valley and SIRRIS
in cooperation with MedLife e. V.
*By registering for this event, you agree to the following: Inclusion of your details on participant lists, receipt of invitations to further events of the project partners, publication of photographs and film recordings. Your consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Further information on data collection
Bookings are closed for this event.